Summer Sports Program at Watch City
AccesSportAmerica has been the leader in adaptive sports in Massachusetts for the past 25 years. Now in its second season, the program takes place at a picturesque site on the Charles River in Waltham. We offer our full range of sports at this location. These include:
WINDSURFING - Seated and standing adaptations with a full range of tandem, catamaran, and single boards
HAWAIIAN OUTRIGGER CANOEING - Three, four person canoes with paddle adaptations
STAND UP PADDLING - Single, double and 8 person stand up boards with seats and standers
KAYAKING - Single and double kayaks with adaptive paddles
ROWING - A drop-in single rowing setup with room for a trainer
CYCLING - Over 20 recumbent, upright, tandem, foot and hand cycles
TENNIS -Adaptive standing and wheelchair tennis skills taught on beautiful courts beside the water site.
- Each sport is adapted to fit every individual’s unique needs, and every athlete will be actively involved in the chosen sport.
- On site are five AccesSport certified trainers as well as interns and volunteers.
- Athletes can sign up as an individual or programs & agencies can send groups.
- Individual sessions include up to four athletes, and group sessions will have 6 - 10 athletes.
We can help anyone of any ability actively participate and find the compelling athlete inside. No previous experience necessary. Try one sport, or try them all!
This is a very popular program so advance registration is required. So sign up today and come get some great exercise while enjoying the summer sun!
LOCATION: Woerd Ave Boat Launch, Waltham MA (For GPS directions use 31 Woerd Ave)
- June & September: Tuesday through Friday
- July & August: Wednesdays and Fridays
SESSION TIMES: 10:00 - 11:30a, 11:30a -1:00p, 2:00 - 3:30p, or 3:30 - 5:00
COST: Individuals are $20 per session. Groups are $120 per session.