In-School Sports & Conditioning Program
AccesSportAmerica has been working with the Boston Public Schools, providing them with an extensive soccer and conditioning program, for more than 15 years. We generally work with the high school population, as they attend for seven years (until age 22). This way our staff has the opportunity to really get to know the students well, and help install routine and an important sense of athleticism and health for life. This program has expanded over the years, and can now be used in both gym and classroom settings. We have modified it so that even on days we cannot be at the schools, the teachers can facilitate these programs in the classroom. Our goals are to get students' heart rates elevated for a minimum of thirty minutes daily, for students to view themselves as athletes, to feel good about being part of a team, and have fun while doing so.
Our current partner schools are:
- Boston Green Academy, Brighton
- Brighton High School
- Community Academy of Science and Health (CASH), Dorchester
- English High School, Jamaica Plain
- Urban Science Academy & West Roxbury Academy, West Roxbury
- We are delighted to welcome Fenway High School for the 2019-2020 school year.
| Soccer and conditioning session at English High in Jamaica Plain