AccesSportAmerica: At A Glance
AccesSportAmerica inspires higher function for children and adults living with disabilities through high-challenge sports and training. A national, non-profit founded in 1995 is based in Massachusetts.
Our year round adaptive sports and training programs are designed to promote each person's highest physical and athletic potential while improving health, cultivating social and emotional well-being, and building a community that lasts a lifetime.
In support of our mission, AccesSportAmerica:
- Engages over 1,700 athletes through High-Challenge Sports program - adaptive windsurfing, Hawaiian outrigger canoeing, kayaking in partnership with Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, Perkins School for the Blind among others; Training programs - Personal Training at the YMCA and Conditioning and Sports - adaptive soccer, tennis and cycling at various sites.
- Builds skills and commitment through Sports Camps - intensive, overnight, one week training programs in Florida and California.
- Reaches underserved, economically challenged urban youth through City Street - our year round program in partnership with the City of Boston, Boston Public Schools, Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston and Camp Harbor View.
- Creates nationally recognized Adaptive Equipment, the first to adapt for windsurfing, to accommodate all disabilities.
- Collaborates with professional experts to document physical, educational and social changes and to promote health, educational and recreational benefits for our athletes including reducing the prevalence of associated health related conditions.
- Depends on the generosity and support of our Program Partners and our Funding Partners - Boston Bruins, Connors Family, CVS, TJX, Procter & Gamble, Red Sox, Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family Foundation among others and of many individuals, corporations and foundations as well as significant gifts in-kind contributions.
"AccesSportAmerica is a fantastic program and deserves as much support as possible...
I know of no other organization that brings such passion and expertise."
Dr. Timothy Johnson
, Medical Editor, WCVB-TV5, ABC Television Network and AccesSportAmerica Honorary Board